Title: PGA Tour board votes to adopt anchoring ban
Description: The PGA Tour on Monday announced its decision to accept the ban on anchored strokes handed down in May by golf's governing bodies, the U.S. Golf Association and the Royal & Ancient. The decision was not a surpise, seeing as the Tour generally accepts the USGA as golf's rules maker. What happens next, however, is not so certain. A handful of players, notably Tim Clark, Carl Pettersson and Adam Scott, have been exploring options with an attorney, Harry Manion of Boston. "It was not unexpected," Manion told USA TODAY Sports. "I'm going to get with each of my nine guys and see what they want to do." Manion represents nine players total; six have not publicly come forward. Clark, who says he has a congenital arm issue that keeps him from properly rotating his forearms, could not be reached for comment Monday, but he has been adamant in his opposition from the beginning. "We're not going to roll over and just accept this," Clark told USA TODAY Sports in May. "We will look into all options. We have been put into a position where we have to fight for our livelihoods. We will do what we need to do to get a fair result." Scott won the Masters in April, making it four winners in the last seven major championships who anchor their putter. Ernie Els (2012 British Open) and Webb Simpson (2012 U.S. Open) used a belly putter last year. Keegan Bradley in the 2011 PGA Championship was the first major champion with a belly putter. The USGA and R&A announced the proposed ban, rule 14-1b, in November 2012; then, following a 90-day comment period, the governing bodies announced on May 21, 2013, that the ban would go into effect on Jan. 1, 2016 when the next "Rules of Golf" are published.